As the Proposal Manager for Millennium Enterprise Corporation (MEC), you will be primarily responsible for coordinating and producing the required (RFI, RFP, SIR, etc.) response while working with MEC key staff members to articulate the organization’s value proposition and submit a winning proposal. As Proposal Manager, you must have meticulous attention to detail (when applying make sure to give us the answer to 9+6=?), the ability to work under pressure, and demanding deadlines. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in writing and editing proposals with a deep understanding of Government Contracting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review RFPs and create proposal outlines, development plans, schedules, as well as ensure compliance with RFP requirements.
- Drive the proposal process and lead critical milestones in the proposal process (i.e storyboards, color reviews, content development discussion, and meeting deadlines).
- Participate in multiple grant/proposal projects concurrently.
- Create electronic libraries to update and maintain grant/proposal templates, boilerplate language, past performances, and artwork.
- Write proposal and informational content while incorporating data from source documents such as technical specifications manuals, policy and procedure documents, and other sources of accurate
information. This will include editing the document for clarity, grammar, spelling, flow, style, and consistent use of terms, titles, etc.
- Work with senior staff and subject matter experts to develop compelling proposal content customized for specific client needs.
- Ensure all content developed complies with RFP instructions.
- Must have experience writing federal and state grants/proposals for IT companies.
- Must have superior writing, grammar, and vocabulary skills.
- Must have expert editorial (editing) skills.
- Must have experience with Business to Government (B2G) formal tendering processes, specifically as it applies to federal and state government organizations.
- Must possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FAR/DFAR and RFP sections and appendices.
- Must be an expert with Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Words, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- Must have demonstrable success writing compliant and compelling past performance and resume summaries.
- Formal training in the proposal development process (e.g., Shipley or Association of Proposal Management Professionals coursework) is a plus.
- Experience in writing and corresponding to ISO 9001 or CMMI ML 3 is a plus.
The interview process for this opportunity involves a providing writing sample used to determine writing style and Microsoft word skills.
Bachelor’s (Major in Journalism, English, or Technical Discipline) or equivalent degree required.